Announcements for the Week of September 12, 2021
Morningside Meeting will hold our next meeting for worship on September 12th at 11 a.m.: a hybrid in-person/remote meeting for worship, followed by afterwords, announcements, and introductions of visitors and those new to Morningside. All are invited to remain for a period of fellowship, either in-person in the meeting room, or virtually via breakout rooms. The virtual meeting room will be open at 10:45 a.m. for Friends and attenders to begin to gather. If you are new to Morningside, or not on the email list, and wish to attend, please email: email@example.com.
A meeting of the Peace and Social Concerns Committee will follow at 12:45 p.m., a hybrid in-person/remote meeting. All are welcome to attend, and to bring concerns to the committee. A description of the committee and its work can be found at https://morningsidemeeting.org/peace-and-social-concerns
For those who wish to participate at Morningside worship in-person, please note the following:
- You must reserve a place in-advance via a link that will be sent later this week.
- The meeting room has a capacity of 20 people, so the RSVP system won’t allow more than 20 people to register for Meeting.
- Meeting for Worship in-person will occur at Riverside Church on the 12th Floor.
- To enter the Church, you must stop at the security desk to register and complete a health waiver. You can find Riverside’s policy and waiver form at this link: https://www.trcnyc.org/waiver/.
- You will also need to confirm your presence with the Greeter when you arrive on the 12th floor.
Morningside Meeting Ministry and Counsel is a committee charged with the pastoral care of the meeting. Members are available to answer questions about Quakerism, about Friends Meeting, and to provide support. To reach the committee, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends are reminded that our Religious Society took form in times of disturbance, and that its continuing testimony has been the power of God to lead men and women out of the confusions of outward violence, inward sickness, and all other forms of self-will, however upheld by social convention. Faith and Practice 2018, Advices
The full text of Faith and Practice, the Book of Discipline of the New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends can be found at https://nyym.org/faith-and-practice.